For an annual fee for the benefits detailed below, membership represents value for money in terms of essential resources, an invaluable network and specialised professional development opportunities.
The key on-going benefits of membership include:
The key on-going benefits of your membership include:
Our 2018 achievements:
The AIA has been working hard for members in 2018 delivering:
- the launch of the Chartered Agriculturalist scheme,
- numerous Divisional workshops and networking events across the country,
- the very well received Brave New World conference, which showcased strong international and national ideas – including the Director General of CIMMYT,
- the development and release of topical policies on energy, mining and co-existence on agricultural land, climate change and agricultural R&D models,
- Be part of the organisation with an industry-first Chartered Agriculturalist scheme
- Become recognised through the CPAg professional development program
- Be backed by the AIA Code of Ethics.
- Amplify your voice and advocate for your industry through the Advocacy & Policy Special Interest Group & submissions to Government inquiries.
- Develop your leadership and governance skills through committees and the Board.
- Boost your ongoing professional development through AIA conferences and events (and AIA resources).
- Develop your business through access to professional business skills workshops and be connected through the most trusted network of agricultural professionals.
- Weekly agricultural news and opportunities right at your fingers with the Weekly Alert
- Connect with colleagues at Divisional events and build long-term career relationships
- Future Farmers Network, APEN, CCA and Agronomy Australia activities at member rates
- Network with international agricultural professionals using discounted membership of GAIAC (see www.gaiac.org.)
- Join in the conversation on social media and hear from people in Australia and around the world.
- Be more connected through the most trusted network of agricultural professionals.
- Improve your career prospects, credibility & professionalism through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Improve your business through access to professional business skills workshops & corporate introductions.
- Discounted rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Events - Build your professional development through conferences and workshops in regional and capital city locations and receive discounted registration fees.
- Credibility- Develop your skills base and become recognised through AIA’s rebranded CPAg professional development program. This program provides a benchmark of quality assurance standards and an ongoing professional development component and can be used as a first step on your path to professional accreditation. Click here to view AIA’s policy statements & submissions
- Advocacy - our active Advocacy & Policy Special Interest Group has recently developed AIA policy position statements & submissions to Government inquiries so you can have your say.
- State Divisions – Be connected with your local trusted professional colleagues.
- Receive the Agricultural Science Journal including member’s only access to online back issues.
- Receive a 20% discount on selected CSIRO Online Journal Subscriptions.
- Discounted membership to GAIAC to gain access to a network of international agricultural professionals. For more information see www.gaiac.org.
- Ongoing relationship with our affiliate organisations such as APEN, CCA & Agronomy Australia.
Other activities and opportunities:
- Be eligible to have your say on the future of the AIA and agriculture - on Board, Divisions, Committees, Divisional Engagement meeting and Special Interest Groups to boost your CV & career prospects.
- Code of Ethics - enhance your reputation & credibility through AIA’s Code of Ethics.
- Awards – be eligible to be recognised in your profession or to recognise others.
- National Student Award - recognising and supporting excellence in agricultural undergraduate education.
- Discounts on services such as Hertz car hire & ‘Mapt’. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t miss out on these upcoming opportunities!
- Eligibility for CPAg upon its upcoming release this year and for the Chartered Agricultural scheme (CAg) scheme scheduled for release in 2019
For further enquiries, please contact the Ag Institute Secretariat:
Ag Institute Australia National Office
PO Box 576, Crows Nest, NSW, 1585
Ph: 02 9431 8657
Fax: 02 9431 8677