For an annual fee for the benefits detailed below, membership represents value for money in terms of essential resources, an invaluable network and specialised professional development opportunities.
The key on-going benefits of membership include:
- Weekly Alert email - a member’s only weekly e-newsletter of industry issues, events and opportunities
- Discounted rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Events - update your skills through conferences and workshops in regional and capital city locations and receive discounted registration fees.
- Networking - expand your professional contacts by becoming part of national and local networks of around 1,000 industry professionals.
- Advocacy - our active Advocacy & Policy Special Interest Group has recently made a major submission to the Federal Government’s inquiry into innovation in agriculture. We have also submitted a Green paper on Agriculture stressing the importance of investment in agricultural science and professional agricultural practice. To view our submissions click here
- State Divisions - participate in Division meetings, networking events and functions.
- Post Graduates have a one-off subscription of $50 for the duration of their studies (valid up to 4 years) and are eligble for the $500 AIA Travel Bursary awarded annually.
- Receive the Agricultural Science Journal including member’s only access to online back issues Receive a 20% discount on select CSIRO Online Journal Subscriptions
- Industry Credentials - Develop your skills base and become recognised through the AIA professional accreditation program. This program provides a benchmark of quality assurance standards and an ongoing professional development component.
- NEW! The AIA has developed a ‘Members Register’ and ‘Students Register’ on our website to give all our members, who aren’t on the consultants register, an opportunity to advertise themselves on our new public registers on the AIA website.
- NEW! The AIA has established an MOU with the Crop Consultants Australia (CCA) and the Australasia-Pacific Extension Network (APEN). This means that Ag Institute members are eligible for CCA & APEN member rates at all of their events.
Other activities and opportunities:
- Representation - on Board, Divisions, Committees and Special Interest Groups.
- Advocacy – providing a voice for agricultural professionals
- Code of Ethics - enhance your reputation by adopting the AIA Code of Ethics.
- Medal of Agriculture - recognising members who have made outstanding, specific contributions to the advancement of Agriculture and Natural Resource Management.
- Fellowship – recognition of members who have served the Institute and the profession with eminence and dedication.
- Young Professionals in Agriculture - recognising outstanding achievement of young professionals (under 35 years) in agri-industry.
- National Student Award - recognising and supporting excellence in agricultural undergraduate education
For further enquiries, please contact the Ag Institute Secretariat:
Ag Institute Australia National Office
PO Box 576, Crows Nest, NSW, 1585
Ph: 02 9431 8657
Fax: 02 9431 8677